Once you’ve saved the API configuration settings the page will reload and you’ll see two new tabs available: General Settings and Contact Fields. One of the most common uses for WP Fusion is to add all new user registrations to your CRM contact list. To enable this feature, click the checkbox next to Create Users. You can optionally limit contact creation to certain user roles. The default user role is “Subscriber”, for new non-administrator users, or you can leave this field blank to save all new users to your CRM.
The next option, Assign Tags, let’s you specify one or more tags to be added to new users after their contact record has been created. There is a lot you can do with this feature, more than we could ever cover here, but we’ll give a basic example to get your imagination started— suppose you want all new users to be sent a welcome email welcoming them to their site:
- If you haven’t already, create a tag in your CRM, something like “New User”, or “New Website Registration”, to handle your new user registrations.
- If you’re creating a new tag after you’ve configured WP Fusion for the first time, the tag may not appear in the Assign Tags dropdown right away. Begin typing the tag name and if it doesn’t appear, click the “resynchronize” link in the dropdown to load any newly created tags.
- In the Infusionsoft Campaign Builder, or ActiveCampaign Automations, create a campaign for your new contacts, or use an existing one.
- Create an “Applies a Tag” goal in your new campaign to start the campaign, using the tag name you specified in the WP Fusion settings. Read this knowledgebase article for more information on the “Applies a Tag” goal in Infusionsoft, or this guide on Automations for ActiveCampaign.
- Create a welcome email as the next item in your campaign sequence, to welcome your new user to your website.
- (optionally) Add a step in the campaign to remove the the “New User” tag that was applied by WP Fusion.
Using this method, you can assign owners, set opportunity states, send emails, and much more— anything you put in sequence behind the “Applies a Tag” goal will be run when a new user registers on your WordPress site.