WP Fusion integrates with AffiliateWP to sync affiliates with your CRM or marketing automation tool when they register on your site or update their affiliate profiles, and tag affiliates based on status changes.
You can also tag customers when they make a purchase via an affiliate link, and sync referrer metadata to customer contact records in your CRM.
#Syncing affiliate meta fields
In addition to the normal signup fields, you’ll also see several new AffiliateWP-specific fields added to the Contact Fields tab in the WP Fusion settings.
These fields are related to the affiliate, and will be synced when an affiliate registers or updates their profile.
#Syncing referrer meta fields
WP Fusion also supports synchronizing details about an affiliate to a customer’s contact record when they make a purchase using an affiliate link.
You can use these fields to personalize the marketing sent to a customer based on the affiliate who referred them.
At the moment syncing referrer meta fields is supported for referrals recorded via:
- WooCommerce purchase
- Gravity Forms submission
- Ultimate Member signup
You can also specify tags to be applied when new affiliates register on your site, or based on affiliate status changes. This can be found under the Integrations tab in the WP Fusion settings.
The available options are:
- Apply Tags – Affiliate Registration: These tags will be applied when someone registers to be an affiliate, regardless of their approval status.
- Apply Tags – First Referral: These tags will be applied to the affiliate the first time they earn a referral.
- Apply Tags – Customers: This option will appear if WooCommerce is active and lets you specify tags to be applied to customers that make a purchase via an affiliate link (for example a tag like “Referred by Affiliate”).
- Apply Tags – Active: If you require manual approval of affiliates you can also specify additional tags to be applied when an affiliate has been approved.
- Apply Tags – Inactive: These tags will be applied when an affiliate’s status is changed to Inactive.
- Apply Tags – Pending: These tags will be applied when a Pending affiliate is created.
- Apply Tags – Rejected: These tags will be applied to the affiliate when their application is rejected.
- Apply Tags – Deleted: These tags will be applied when an affiliate’s account is deleted
- Link Tag – Affiliate Activation: This setting allows you to link a tag with affiliate activation— when the tag is applied in your CRM, an affiliate account will be created for the user and activated. If the user was already an affiliate, they will be activated. If the tag is removed (or if any affiliate does not have the tag), they will be deactivated. Use with caution.
#Applying tags to WooCommerce customers
You can specify tags to be applied to WooCommerce customers when they make a purchase after following a referral URL. This is configured from the Integrations tab in the WP Fusion settings (above), using the Apply Tags – Customers setting.
While editing any affiliate you can also specify tags to be applied to the WooCommerce customer if they purchase from that specific affiliate’s link.
#Linking tags to groups
In addition to applying tags to affiliates and WooCommerce customers, you can also specify a linked tag for each AffiliateWP group.
When an affiliate joins the group, the linked tag will be automatically applied. When they leave the group, the linked tag will be removed.
Likewise, if the linked tag is applied in your CRM, this will automatically enroll the user into the group. If the user is not already an affiliate, they will be added as a new affiliate at the default rate. If the linked tag is removed, the user will be removed from the group.
This can be used to automatically create and group affiliates using automations in your connected CRM.
The group linking settings can be found with the rest of the WP Fusion integration settings for AffiliateWP under the Integrations tab in the WP Fusion settings.
WP Fusion includes an export / batch processing tool for AffiliateWP affiliates. Head to Settings » WP Fusion » Advanced and select the AffiliateWP Affiliates option from the Batch Operations list:
Then click Create Background Task to start the process.
Each of your affiliates will be updated in your connected CRM with any enabled custom fields. They will also be tagged with any tags you’ve selected to be applied to affiliates.