WP Fusion is not a membership plugin (though it can be used as one). Instead, WP Fusion is a framework that connects existing plugins to your CRM and marketing automation platform. This has several benefits over all-in-one systems.
WP Fusion doesn’t reinvent the wheel. Instead of including features like a shopping cart, members directory, or registration form, WP Fusion integrates with dozens of plugins that are designed specifically for these features. This lets us focus on the integration with your marketing automation system, while other plugins are able to shine doing what they do best.
Easy to integrate. WP Fusion integrates seamlessly with your existing content, users, and plugins. This makes setup quick and easy. If you ever decide to stop using WP Fusion, all of your content is still there.
Efficient. WP Fusion is focused on being fast, lightweight, and easy to use. When WP Fusion detects one of our supported integrations, a module is turned on which unlocks features specific to that plugin.
WP Fusion is one of the few CRM / WordPress integrations on the market that’s fully open source, released under the GNU GPL license. This means that you can open up the files in the plugin and see exactly how they work, giving you an infinite level of customization. Other popular products like Memberium, iMember360, and aMember360, are not open source and require special server software for these plugins to run their encrypted code.
Why do we do this?
- Because when you can read the source code of a plugin, you know what you’re getting. There are no hidden back doors, or processes that “call home” and report activity on your site: you can check for yourself!
- Because it lets us do more with a smaller team, saving you money. We’re constantly receiving suggestions from other developers who have ideas for improvements. We then incorporate these suggestions into WP Fusion and send them out to our customers. Everyone benefits!
- Because open source is awesome! Almost all of the most popular WordPress plugins are released under the GPL license. These developers who’ve allowed us to see their code have helped immeasurably in building WP Fusion, and we want to give back to the community by doing the same.
Why do I have to pay for it if it’s “free software”?
This is from the GNU GPLv3 license:
When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.
When you purchase WP Fusion, or renew your license, you’re getting:
- Friendly and expert assistance in setting up your site and dealing with any issues that may arise.
- Continued automatic updates as we add new features, fix bugs, and make optimizations (for as long as your license is active).
- You’re also getting to support the developers who have put a lot of time and effort into making this fantastic plugin. Your support allows us to continue improving the plugin and making sure that you can count on WP Fusion as the heart of your WordPress / CRM integration.