WP Fusion works with Paid Membership Pro to add customers to your CRM when they purchase a membership, and auto-enroll members when tags are applied in your CRM.
WP Fusion adds several settings to Paid Memberships Pro, which you can see while editing any membership level.
You can apply tags based on the level of membership purchased, as well as optionally apply tags when a membership is cancelled or the period expires. There are several options:
- Apply Tags: When the customer purchases a membership, these tags will be applied in your CRM. This is the default behavior.
- Remove Tags: If the membership is cancelled or changed, the tags specified in Apply Tags can automatically be removed.
- Link with Tag: Most sites won’t require this, but it is available as an option for those that need it. This setting allows you to select a tag that becomes linked with the membership level. If this tag is applied to a contact, for example via a webhook, they will be automatically enrolled in the membership. Likewise if this tag is removed, they will be removed from the membership. This lets you automate individual users’ membership levels using sequences in your CRM in conjunction with webhooks / HTTP Posts.
- Linked tags will also be applied and removed if a user is added to / removed from a membership.
- Apply Tags – Cancelled: These tags will be applied if a membership is cancelled.
- Apply Tags – Expired: For memberships with expiration dates, this option lets you apply tags when a membership expires, allowing you to trigger additional renewal followup automations.
- Apply Tags – Payment Failed: For subscription memberships, you can specify tags to be applied when a recurring payment fails. These tags will be removed if a successful payment is received.
Syncing Member Data
WP Fusion can sync member data provided at checkout to custom fields in your CRM, such as address and phone number. These fields can be enabled at Settings » WP Fusion » Contact Fields » Paid Memberships Pro.
If you’re using the Paid Memberships Pro Register Helper Add On to add custom fields to your registration form, these will also automatically be detected and can be enabled for sync from the Contact Fields list in the WP Fusion settings.
Additional Meta Fields
WP Fusion allows you to sync certain internal Paid Memberships Pro fields that aren’t normally available as part of the WordPress user record. Under the Paid Memberships Pro section in the Contact Fields tab, you’ll see a few options.
- Membership Level indicates the title of the member’s current membership level
- Membership Status will either be “active” or “inactive” depending on their status
- Payment Method is synced at checkout and indicates the payment gateway or payment method used to make a purchase
- Start Date is the date the membership started
- Expiration Date is the date of expiration for the membership (if it has an expiry date). You can use this in in conjunction with date-based triggers in your CRM to automate renewal reminders
For members who registered for your site before you set up WP Fusion, we include a two batch operations tools to bring those historical members up to date.
The two options are:
- Paid Memberships Pro membership statuses: This operation will go through all the members on your site and get each member’s most recent status at each membership level (including cancelled and expired members). It will then apply any tags you’ve configured for that membership level.
- Paid Memberships Pro membership meta: This operation will query all the members on your site, and for each it will sync any enabled meta fields for that user’s most recent membership, such as Start Date, Expiration Date, Membership Level, and Status. This operation does not modify any tags.
Keep in mind this process can take some time to complete on sites with a large number of members. You can leave the page and come back later to check on the status.